Through the Roof is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of all our beneficiaries, volunteers and staff to ensure they are protected from harm.
As a Christian disability charity we are aware that research shows that disabled people are more likely to suffer abuse than non-disabled people. This is not acceptable and we will do everything we can to:
- Provide a safe environment – with particular recognition of children and adults at risk
- Establish a culture that prioritises safeguarding
- Have appropriate policies and procedures in place
- Handle incidents as they arise
- Work in partnership with relevant agencies to ensure individuals receive the support they need.
We are currently updating both our UK and International safeguarding policies which will be available to view soon. We will continue to make improvements to our policies, procedures and practice over time.
If you have a concern about the wellbeing of anyone connected with the charity, please contact: Katie, Safeguarding Co-ordinator – email@example.com
[post added: March 2023]