Statement of Faith
Through the Roof accepts the revelation of the triune God given in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments and confesses the historic faith they set out.
We assert doctrines below which we regard as crucial to the understanding of the faith, and which should result in mutual love, practical Christian service and evangelical concern.
We believe in…
- The one true God who lives eternally in three persons – the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- The love, grace and sovereignty of God in creating, sustaining, ruling, redeeming and judging the world.
- The divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Old and New Testament Scriptures, which are the written Word of God – fully trustworthy for faith and conduct.
- The dignity of all people, made male and female in God’s image to love, be holy and care for creation, yet corrupted by sin, which incurs divine wrath and judgement.
- The incarnation of God’s eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ – born of the virgin Mary; truly divine and truly human, yet without sin.
- The atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross: dying in our place, paying the price of sin and defeating evil, so reconciling us with God.
- The bodily resurrection of Christ, the first fruits of our resurrection; his ascension to the Father, and his reign and mediation as the only Saviour of the world.
- The justification of sinners solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ.
- The ministry of God the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us with Christ through new birth, empowers our discipleship and enables our witness.
- The church, the body of Christ both local and universal, the priesthood of all believers – given life by the Spirit and endowed with the Spirit’s gifts to worship God and proclaim the gospel, promoting justice and love.
- The personal and visible return of Jesus Christ to fulfil the purposes of God, who will raise all people to judgement, bring eternal life to the redeemed and eternal condemnation to the lost, and establish a new heaven and new earth.
Through the Roof Inclusion and Diversity Statement
The charity's name and identity come from the Bible which provides the basis and guidance for our work. We therefore request that any individual who we invite to represent the charity in a position of leadership responsibility, or forward-facing ministry and mission role, agrees and adheres to our evangelical statement of faith.
In all our activities we will seek to:
Value all, as we believe that every person is uniquely made in the image of God.
Serve all, and seek to unconditionally love and accept everyone, regardless of background, behaviours, what they believe or don’t, and their different life experiences.
Welcome all those who have relevant skills and experience, who want to join with us, as volunteers and supporters, to further our charitable objectives.